192.168.1.1: Routers as we know are devices that are used in offices, educational institutions, hospitals etc and also in homes nowadays for personal uses. This device actually transmits internet connection within certain area, which a limited number of people can get access to. These routers have many interesting things within them, which I am going to talk about in this article.
The routers have a default IP configuration that is 192.168.1.1, which can be changed later with the help of some internal access to the router. On getting into the homepage of the router, the admin will be asked to log in into the router, which requires a password as well.
The admin can initially keep a control on the usage of the router transmitted internet connection. The admin also has a control of how many people will be able to access it. Its all in the settings of the router.so, it does shows many different kinds of features in a router, so without any further delay, let us take a look ata the features of a router.
Features of a Router:
- The routers have a lot of features that are indeed very interesting, though it surely does have a lot of things that seems to be complicated, but after going through the below mentioned points, I’m sure you will find it easier to understand.
- The router has a really unique IP address that differs from one another. Routers manufactured by different companies have different default 192.168.l.l IP addresses as well.
- The router initially can be modified according to the user’s will. The user can easily modify the router that he owns by getting into the settings of the router and personalize the whole settings according to his will.
- Routers have a particular limit of users. The admin can choose a particular number of people who can access the internet that is transmitted from the device.
- The wireless network can be personalized according to the users’ wish. The whole wireless network can be modified.
The admin can make some more admins, who can initially access to the router using the same username and password that the main admin had created. This allows the other admins to control the device in the absence of the main admin.
- Every router has got a default user id, which can later be changed. This is so that the user knows which is his device and also for security purposes as well.
- The entire DNS server can be changed from your router.
- A router have a particular limitation as per the accessibility is concerned. This is a disadvantage because if there are many users then not all of them would be able to get connected to the internet. Therefore, more than a single routers are needed to access when in a group.
- A router have a limited area of transmission of internet signals, which can be accessible only in that particular area only. If supposedly, any user goes out of the network area, they won’t be able to get the benefits of it.
- The routers don’t have the same kind of quality of performance. Routers differ in deliverance. For example, if a router of A branding works in a moderate speed, the speed of B may be faster or slower, which would differ for sure.
- Also, the signals transmitting will be different, in aspects of the strength and area.
- If in case a server is being hosted by you from your device, then you will need to connect with it remotely.
Accessing the Wireless Router:
- Accessing the wireless router is very simple. Just follow the steps given below.
- In order to access the router’s web address, plug in your router’s default ip address in the address bar of the web browser of your device.
- Now go to the Control Panel to find the ip address of the router, in the Network and Sharing Center.
- It surely is a very important discovery in the technological aspects by mankind. The router has become an essential in a person’s life and it does helps in enhancing the webs browsing and using experience in a whole lot more better way.